Here are the things that I do before bidding in any tax lien auction.
- Register with the county and mail in any documentation that is needed (Recommend mailing with a tracking number or signature)
- Review my checklist of what type properties I’m going to be bidding on
- Update that checklist if I need to
- Attend the training held by the county auction company (They may have made a change to their app since the last time I used it)
- Download the list of properties to Excel and sort out by my criteria
- Research properties that I’m interested to make sure they match my criteria
- Place Pre-Bids
I don’t always attend the auction while it’s live on the computer. I have, but I find that it’s boring unless you see your bid winning. I do recommend if you are bidding for the first time to watch at least the first day live.